This program provides a cohort of 20 mentees a structured 12-month mentoring program with practical learning experiences designed to enable career advancement opportunities, develop leadership behaviors and foster community involvement. The program includes one-on-one, group, community and executive interactions involving participation from the mentee, mentor, executive sponsor and program alumni. The program brings together career-minded, entrepreneurial-spirited individuals with experienced mentors to foster talent and retain competitive human resources statewide.
Mentee/Protégé: Career-minded, entrepreneurial-spirited individuals in the technology or emerging sectors workforce.
Mentee: Executive with coaching and mentoring abilities.
Executive Sponsor: Person of influence who supports the protégé.
Upon completion of the program, the mentee will have:
• Presented a personal Career Vision Statement
• Crafted a personal brand management plan
• Assessed their communication style and the preferences of others
• Participated in a community give-back or pay-it-forward activity
• Practiced executing a personalized networking plan
• Attended a conference to honor the program and enable socialization
• Presented a roadmap to their future
2012-2013 Elevate Mentees:
2012-2013 Elevate Mentors:
Gary Baker – SME
Phil Bertolini – Oakland County
Keith Ensroth – Teradata
Richard Hook- Penske Automotive Group
Jim House – GKN Driveline
Greg Lanigan – ELGA Credit Union
Gary LaRoy – MEDC
Sue McGuire – Thetford
Sriram Rangachary – CMS
Gary Robertson – Robertson Partners
Chuck Shaver – CFI Group
Mike Thibideau – Pro Solutions Consulting